Thursday, March 5, 2015

The New York Rangers Face A tough OT Loss

    The new Detroit Redwings player Marek Zidlicky scored one minute and nine seconds into overtime to give the Red Wings a 2-1 win against the New York Rangers on Wednesday at Joe Louis Arena. "Can't be a better feeling, especially to score in my first game here," Zidlicky said. "It was a good win." Jimmy Howard was a big help for the Red Wings saving 39 shots on goal. "They threw a lot at the net," he said. "Coming into tonight I knew I was going to be busy," Jimmy Howard said. Zidlicky's overtime winner came with the help of the New York Rangers Derek Stepan, receiving a minor penalty which then gave the Detroit Red Wings the power play advantage. Coach  Alain Vigneault of the New York Rangers thought that the game was played well, but had a disadvantage with the power play. "I liked the way we played, especially in the second period," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "Unfortunately, we got a penalty late, and they were able to score in overtime."
     I personally think that not having Lundquist in net was a huge disadvantage for the Rangers. Yes, Cam Talbot is a great goalie for the Rangers but having Henrik in net could have changed the game! In the third period with ten seconds left Cam Talbot saved a glove high shot from Nikilas Kronwall, which could have ended the game even sooner. The game all started six minutes in when Justin Abdelkater was assisted by Henrik Zetterberg and Jonathan Ericsson to score the first goal. The game was then followed by Dan Girardi scoring a power play goal late into the first period. Nothing happened throughout the second period except for shots on net from both teams. This low scoring game was then ended by Mark Zidlicky in the overtime period. The New York Rangers still scoring one point for their division score puts them on top, and over the New York Islanders for first place in the Metropolitan Division. "I think we played a pretty good game. They got a lucky bounce at the end," Yandle said. "I think we played pretty well. You're going to have some missed shots."

1 comment:

  1. Write your opinions as fact. Avoid saying "I think", you want to convince your readers of your point of view. Also, need to break down into more paragraphs and avoid over-quoting athletes.

    ReplyDelete